Mixed use centers are places where people can live, work, play, study and take care of their daily needs – and where they can enjoy all these activities within a short walk instead of a long drive in a car. North Texas 2050 describes mixed use centers in general and gives further information about four scales of mixed use centers (Regional, Metropolitan, Community and Neighborhood) that are each important to our region’s future. When this vision and action package was released, an initial list of mixed use centers had been identified. This initial list was based on research about mixed use development projects conducted by the University of Texas at Arlington School of Architecture, as well as input in late 2009 and early 2010 from VNT Advisors, research team members and Management Committee. North Texas 2050 specifically recognizes that there are more centers that should be added to this initial list.
There are certainly more places in North Texas that meet these definitions as Mixed Use Centers (currently or based on development investments). As part of the 2011 implementation of North Texas 2050, we are seeking additional information and recommendations on North Texas mixed use centers.
Please join in this evaluation. Your input is important to the region’s future. Here’s what you can do:
- Review the mixed use centers that have been identified to date. They are marked on the map. Click on each asterisk to learn more about each center.
- If you have comments about these mixed use centers, or would like to provide additional information on one of these centers, please click on the center’s asterisk. Then click on ‘comment on this center’ to provide information or comments.
- If you would like to propose additional mixed use centers, you can choose the approach that is easiest for you.
- One approach begins with a text form. Please click here and provide information on each additional mixed use center. You will be asked to provide location information for your proposed center.
- A second approach allows you to place a point on a map where your proposed center is located. Please click here to get started.
- Please provide any comments or recommendations by Wednesday, August 10th. All input received will be evaluated by the VNT Action Team focused on Mixed Use Centers. Anyone who provides input before then will receive an email invitation to join the Action Team for this review and discussion.
- Plan to participate in the 2011 Regional Summit to further our region’s support for mixed use centers. It will be held on October 28, 2011, from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Mark your calendar now, and you’ll receive more information about the Summit soon.
Other pages on this site: